Friday, May 27, 2016

Eric's Day Flashback - A Tale of a Tail.

This week the flashback comes from July 2010 and is called:

A Tale of a Tail.
  Flynn: Do you see how my tail and back is all poofed up? We were taking mum for a walk and she was in one field with Eric and I was walking up to the next one. They were coming to catch up with me because she doesn't like us going off on our own. When she came around the corner she saw I was stalking something. Then she saw it! A BLACK INTROODER CAT!!! She called for me to come back because we never see other kitties close up and she didn't know what I would do, but I was gone! I chased him up the field, over the hedge and up the next field. Mum was screaming at me to come back by then because there is an old disused gate that leads into our country lane and she was scared I would run out and a car would come along. I chased the introoder all the way to the gate. Mum doesn't know if I went out in the road or not and I'm not telling.

When I was sure he had gone, I went back to tell mum all about it.

Then I told Eric what had happened. This was what we were whispering about on Wordless Wednesday.

Eric said he would check that the introoder hadn't come back but I told him I was sure he wouldn't be back in a hurry.

Eric said he would check anyway and he put his hackles up so he would look fierce.

While he was gone I rested on some stones to get my breath back.

I saw Eric on his favourite lookout post on the hedge. He said that he could smell introoder there and I told him that was where I chased him over the hedge into the next field. We decided then that it was safe to take mum back home to get our supper.

36 comments:

  1. OMC, what an adventure you and Eric had! I'm sure you scared the introoder with your speed and determination.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You two really let that intruder know he was not wanted!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The two of you had some epic adventures. Such bravery!
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that was exciting, Flynn. It's wonderful how the two of you worked together. But I"m glad you don't take such risks these days.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow that was a good way of getting the evil intruder to go away.

    ReplyDelete
  6. MOL...great collaboration, angel Eric and Flynn :D Poofed tails always make me feel like an indian..can't explain why :D Pawkisses :) <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW! What an exciting tail (oops I mean tale) of two boys keeping property safe from introoders....the two of you were quite a "Kitty Patrol" together and now, Flynn, you are protecting things yourself (but I just bet Angel Eric helps from the Bridge a little too!!!!!).

    Hugs, Sammy

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an adventure! I guess that black cat didn't come back after that!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You two were a great team. Good job scaring off the intruder and i am glad you didn't goo out into the road. XO

    ReplyDelete
  10. We're always amazed how much a kitty's tail can fluff up when he gets his adrenaline surge! Your tail is humongous Flynnie and Eric looks huge! If we were introoders, we'd we long gone!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ohhh introoders - can't trust 'em. Good job running them off.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Flynn, Mom and Dad and Angel Eric...
    another fine flashback. Eric and you were a pair of adventurers for sure
    Hugs madi your bfff

    ReplyDelete
  13. That sure was a lot of excitement. Did that introoder ever have the nerve to return? We continue to send you the POTP, Flynn, and Mom continues to pray for you. Hope to see you Sunday. XOCK, Lily Olivia, Mauricio, Misty May, Giulietta, Fiona, Astrid, Lisbeth and Calista Jo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Now that made for a riveting tale of a tail, Flynn and Angel Eric. What wonderful storytellers you both have always been. Purrs, as always!

    ReplyDelete
  15. The tail, oh the tail, quite poofy impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You two always worked so well keeping those evil introoders at bay.

    ReplyDelete
  17. That was a pretty good adventure you two had :)
    Purrs Georgia and Julie,
    Treasure and JJ

    ReplyDelete
  18. Whoa! I must say I like that bushy tail. I had one last night cos there was an introoder in the common hall and TW wanted to innerduce us. That wasn't gonna happen.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow, that tale of your tail sure was exciting, Flynn! You and Eric sure did show that intruder who's the boss!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Most excellent adventure! Gosh mes LOVES flashback Friday!
    And that shot of yous on the Rocks Resting...makes mes swoon, Mes printing it and putting it over my bed!
    Kisses
    Nellie

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love the poofy tail! That was a good story.

    ReplyDelete
  22. So good to see that Angel Eric and you too Flynn. Good job chasing that black cat. Can't have strangers around. Flynn, you and your family have a great week end.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Boys, and certainly Angel Eric, you did the finest of jobs protecting your mum while treating her to a walkie. You boys always have a take charge attitude and I know your Dad feels that your Mum is safe as long as she is with you. Good job boys. Well done.XXOO

    ReplyDelete
  24. That was a great team job ! Purrs

    ReplyDelete
  25. Eric what a fierce protector you are!!! Lovely to look back on these precious remembrances.

    ReplyDelete
  26. How suspensefur and exciting...glad you were on patrol to keep your Mum safe!

    ReplyDelete
  27. What an exciting day fur you two! Those trooders need a good chase when they are silly enough to come into your yard. Good job
    Timmy and Family

    ReplyDelete
  28. doodz....ewe both look az feerce az lionz !!! we bet 18 centz anda sack oh friez de inn trooder never DID come bak !! ☺☺☺♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  29. Wow! Flynn! Yous a great warrior cat! Mes knows that introoder never commed back!
    Mes sends yous LOVES!!
    Kisses
    Your Nellie Bellie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!