Friday, March 11, 2022

Friday Flashback and Caturday Art.

 This flashback comes from June 2007 and is called:

Eric's Walk on the Wild Side!


It wuz a nice sunny day, well no it wuz a furry hot day reely, so I deesidid to go furr a walk in the woods where it would be cooler.I looked furr Flynn to see if he wanted to come too, but he wuzn't around.


I heard a noise in the tree, but it wuz just too hot to climb up it. I just went a little way to haf a look.


Hello Mr. Squirrel, I can see yoo on the branch. Yoo better fink yerself lucky it's hot and I can't be bovvered to chase yoo. I fink I need to go to the stream furr a drink.


Oh hello Flynn, I wondered where yoo wuz. Yoo must haf been sleeping down here to try and keep cool. When I haf finished drinking I'll tell yoo about my walk and the squirrel I met.

The random photo this week has been chosen by the Eastside Cats who asked for 20th March. This one comes from 2007 the same year as the post.

Flynn might look precarious up there but he was an expert tree climber and could come down as easily as he went up.


I am joining Athena, the Cat Goddess for Caturday Art.

I started with Races at 60%, then added Scribble at 35%. I usually only use two layers but also added Psychedelic at 45% to bring a bit of colour back.

preview
108pieceCaturday Art 12.03.22
I am also joining Sandee at Comedy Plus for the blog hop.



35 comments:

  1. What a fun adventure! Squirrels are always such teases.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun it must be to climb trees! I've never done it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely place to stay cool! We liked that photo of Flynn. He looked like one of those leopards in a tree!

    Purrs,
    Tama and Benny

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, Flynn sure knew how to navigate a tree! Thanks for the puzzle!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Flynn was absolutely master of the tree climb. He made it look so easy too! All the photos are so wonderful to see - those boys were just so incredibly photogenic.

    Hugs, Pam

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful story and such beautiful art! Happy Friday! :) <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww! what cute squirrel adventure heheh!

    Have a nutstastic weekend 👍

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I love your accent, Angel Eric, I wish I knew you back in those years😸That's very nice artwork and I'm on my way to do the puzzle now😺Pawkisses for a Peaceful Weekend🐾😽💞

    ReplyDelete
  9. Walking with you two Gingers was always exciting and fun
    Hugs Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's delightful to see flowers and greenery!
    Look at Angel Flynn making like a lion in the tree.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Enjoyed walking with you two handsome boys out in nature. Although I'm afraid of heights so will leave the tree climbing to you experts. Mom's catwork is pretty. Hope Mom and Dad are doing well. Until next time...Jean

    ReplyDelete
  12. what a cool place to park in a tree and then leap down on an unsuspecting victim!!💋 💋 💋 💋 🌹 🌹 🌹🌹

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awwww such darling cats- thanks for the memories!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh we wish we had adventures like these! So much fun! Lovely artwork this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That was an awesome walk on the wild side...and awesome tree-climbing too!

    ReplyDelete
  16. eric...dood.....that vizshuz squirrelz WAZ luckee it waz two hot for ewe ta nab him; other wize him wooda ben a snax !!! we hope ewe N flynn getted ta catch sum fish in thoz waterz .... what a grate add venturez !!! ☺☺♥♥

    de gurlz gonna try N sneek over ta puzzle land again thiz week ;)

    mackerull ~~~~~

    ReplyDelete
  17. It is scary when I see a cat so high up in a big tree. Glad he knew how to get down!

    ReplyDelete
  18. It always amazed me how they climbed the trees...no fear...and managed to come down.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love these flashbacks and the great artwork, too.

    ReplyDelete
  20. That was a sweet flashback, I am impressed at how well Flynn could climb. Thank you for the puzzle. XO

    ReplyDelete
  21. I think the squirrel was lucky it was Eric who saw him, and not Flynn. Flynn would have been able to reach him.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Boys, I would love to see what you were up to March 11, 2011. XXXX

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a great flashback. We are always astounded by Angel Flynn's tree-climbing prowess!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Great to read about the boys' adventures as always. Lovely art!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Aww, such a sweet post. Your boys were the best.

    ReplyDelete
  26. That cheeky squirrel was furry lucky it was such a hot day that you couldn't be bothered to chase him!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Dad says he loves the subtle tones in your Caturday artwork. I say he's just trying to sound like a snobby arty type.

    ReplyDelete
  28. That´s one agile climber on that three. Crazy brave as cats are.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Whoa! That was some walk. You guys are like squirrels yourself how you climb trees.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Cats in trees ... guaranteed to give their humans a heart attack!

    ReplyDelete
  31. You two were perfect guard cats watching every move. I sure love seeing these photos.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Eric was quite the adventurer! I sure love seeing these photos of him and knowing how well loved he was by you.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!