Friday, May 5, 2023

Friday Flashback and Caturday Art.

This week the flashback comes from September 2009 and is called: 

No Mousies Today!

Dad had been working in the bottom field so we thought we would go down there and see him. Suddenly we heard a noise so had to stop and listen.

Flynn: I'm not sure where the noise came from, you look left and I'll look right, then whatever it was, we're sure to see it.

Eric: Hmphh, well I don't see anything. There's nothing this way so you better look left instead and I will look right. I won't miss anything.

Flynn: Whatever it was seems to have gone. Let's check the long grass and have a nom.

Flynn: Come on Eric, that's enough nomming for now, we are supposed to be going to watch dad.

Eric: Okay, I'm coming but I think I need a rest.

Flynn: Oh all right but not too long or dad will be finished down here.


Flynn: There, what did I tell you, dad's gone back so we might as well too. Come on slow coach.

Eric: If I lie in this grass, no-one will see me and I won't get shut back in the garden. Better still, Flynn might come back to look for me and then I can pounce on him.
Flynn: Eriiiiiiiiiic! Mum's got the Greenies out.
Eric: Wait for me, I'm coming.

I am joining Athena, The Cat Goddess for Caturday Art.


For this one I used K3 at 60%, then added Creepy at 40%.


For the second art I used an old favourite, Landscape at 55%, then added Scribble at 30%.


preview108pieceCaturday Art 1 6.05.23
preview108pieceCaturday Art 2 6.05.23
I am also joining MessyMimi for the blog hop.



33 comments:

  1. The best adventures end with a treat.

    Thank you for joining Feline Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dang, no mousies, but they sure were purrsistent. Lovely art!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not every day was made for hunting...

    ReplyDelete
  4. We always love seeing the boys together. And they had such a great outside place.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The lure of Greenies!
    Love the art, and I'll puzzle soon...your puzzles are fun, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The case of no moussies heheh!they never fail to make me smile with their fun adventures :-)

    Have a memorymoussielesstastic weekend Jackie 👍

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nothing like the call of food to get everybody back to the house. I bet even dad made it back in time to eat.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another sweet flashback. Dad says that second artified photo is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I look forward to lay down in summer gras

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ah, well, even without catching any mousies, you both had a great time hunting for them! And what kitty can pass up their favourite treats? That was the best way to end your jaunt!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Eric and Flynn I absolutely love the resting photo...and the one turned into art.
    Hugs Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  12. this memory brought tears to my eyes. .I always loved when you boys were hunting for mousies! Those Greenies will bring 'em back every time! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great environment you had, sweet Angels, best place to catch a mousie..or not😸 Double Pawkisses to the both of you and your mommy too🐾😽💞

    ReplyDelete
  14. Darling hunters and greenies have always worked for all our kitties!

    ReplyDelete
  15. A mouse wouldn't dare show a whisker with you on patrol

    ReplyDelete
  16. These are great and I love the artwork too.

    ReplyDelete
  17. That was a cute flashback. Beautiful art. Thank you for the puzzles. XO

    ReplyDelete
  18. Cat conversations: quite humorous!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Looks like quite a lot of ground to cover for a little mouse!

    ReplyDelete
  20. We always love seeing the boys out in the fields. These really are such special memories. XO

    ReplyDelete
  21. Those two boys sure did know how to have fun. Love the artwork too.

    Woos - Lightning, Misty, and Timber

    ReplyDelete
  22. No mousies? What a shame! Still, it looks like the boys had a wonderful day, that's the main thing.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Boys, any day I can follow along on one of your adventures is a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Lol. What an adventure, ending with the purrfect treat! :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Lovely art as always. We like the first one best because of how the effect highlights those tabby stripes!

    ReplyDelete
  26. those guys sure got up to some great adventures! I bet all cats would love to live on a farm!

    ReplyDelete
  27. In Lucy's memoryMay 7, 2023 at 9:30 PM

    Such precious memories! Our homeless kitties -well, they do have homes (ours) it's just they prefer remaining outside and feral - love to nom on grass and hide in the longer grass too. They bring us much joy. Mom's catwork is very pretty. Hope Mom and Dad are doing well. Until next time - Jean

    ReplyDelete
  28. Nothing like Greenies to inspire Eric.

    ReplyDelete
  29. I love this memories. They looks like a great hunter team !
    I always jealous them =^x^=

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!